Our new ink discharge evaluation service
Using a high-performance printhead made by Seiko Epson Corporation (hereinafter "Epson"), we will evaluate the performance of your inkjet ink in a short time.
Different aspects of the service
A one-stop ink discharge evaluation service
- An ink discharge evaluation service to bring inkjet printing to a wider range of applications.
- From receiving the ink to running ink discharge tests and writing reports, Elephantech provides a one-stop service.
Ink evaluation using a cutting edge Inkjet machine for R&D
- Using Epson's PrecisionCore inkhead, performance indicators for printing onto substrates and such are evaluated with inkjet printing equipment used for cutting edge R&D.
- If necessary, we will also perform waveform adjustments and printing precision tests.
Conditions regarding the evaluation
- This service is provided by Elephantech under license from Epson. The evaluation results will be shared with Epson.
- In general, we will offer the fees for the initial ink discharge evaluation service for free. There may be cases where we cannot progress to the evaluation following a safety data sheet (SDS) check.
Outline of Epson’s Inkjet machine for R&D purposes
Flow of the ink discharge evaluation
In addition to the one-stop ink discharge evaluation, we also provide characteristic improvement proposals and consultations based on our experience in mass production.
Application and initial meeting
Memorandum of understanding
Provision of SDS and ink
Ink evaluation and improvement proposals
Results provided by the ink discharge evaluation service
|Test items||Description of items|
Initial ink filling
|We will evaluate the initial fill characteristics on an inkjet nozzle. We will mainly judge whether the characteristics as a fluid are good.|
|We will evaluate the stability in situations where ink is discharged intermittently. We will mainly judge ink discharge stability and resistance to drying.|
Droplet volume followability
|We will evaluate whether the volume of the droplet follows changes in voltage. Higher followability will allow for finer control.|
Drop velocity followability
|We will evaluate whether the drop velocity follows changes in voltage. High-speed flight will stabilize the landing position and allow for high-precision printing.|
|We will evaluate suitability for high-frequency printing. We will determine how far the printing throughput can be increased to.|
List of articles in the media
- What is the relationship between Elephantech and Epson?
Epson is a shareholder of Elephantech and we have a capital and business alliance. (We are not an equity method affiliate.)
- What is the relationship between Elephantech and Epson regarding the ink discharge evaluation service using Epson’s Inkjet machine for R&D?
Epson has set up a research and development base called “Inkjet Innovation Lab Hatchobori Satellite” inside the Elephantech Hatchobori Head Office, and Elephantech is entrusted by Epson to conduct research and development work such as ink evaluation.
The Inkjet machine for R&D at Hatchobori Satellite is an Epson R&D asset.
- Can the ink discharge evaluation be done without having the results shared with Epson?
We regret to inform you that the ink evaluation is done using Epson assets, and so the R&D inkjet printing device cannot be used to evaluate the ink discharge without the results being shared with Epson.
- Can we ask Epson directly for an evaluation?
- It will depend on the resources at Epson's disposal, but it is possible. There is no specific need to go through us.