Features of the Polyimide FPC P-Flex®
The Polyimide-base P-Flex®(hereinafter P-Flex®PI) is an FPC (Flexible Printed Circuit) where our very own Pure Additive method(*1) is adapted to polyimides. The PET based P-Flex®(hereinafter P-Flex®PET) we had developed and sold until now had issues with its range of use limited by the low heat resistance of PET (roughly 150˚C) and having to use low temperature solder for mounting.
This P-Flex®PI uses polyimides with high heat resistance (roughly 300˚C) as its base material, allowing it to overcome the shortcomings of P-Flex®PET and improving heat resistance and flame retardancy. Regarding the mounting of parts, the ability to use normal solder has not only expanded the applications but also greatly improved the mountability, and it can now be used just as if it was any normal FPC.
(* 1) Technology to layer copper plating only on silver nanoink
- The pure additive method for P-Flex PET® is applied to polyimides with higher heat-resistant temperatures.
- Improved heat and flame retardant (UL94-VTM0 is expected to be acquired by the end of 2020)
- Normal solder can be used for PCBA
- By adopting a film cover ray, it can be handled like an existing FPC.
- LS 200µm/200µm, Maximum outer size: 200x200mm (provisional period)
Wiring replacement, FFC replacement, sensor module FPC, film heater, touch sensors
consumer electronics, toys, industrial machinery